Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cleaning

It rained last night, so I don't want to paint the window frame, so that thread is blocked.

Instead, in honor of the stove I bought this morning for $50, I'm cleaning the kitchen. Here's a before-and-after shot in the same picture; scrub brushes work wonders, and this paint, while worn, is pretty good paint.

Remember in The Color Purple, before the lead grows up and turns into Whoopi Goldberg, how she looks at the kitchen in the household she's just been given to, and she draws some water, and gets a cloth, and gets down to work exposing a really rather nice kitchen under the grime? That's how I feel in this carriage house, but especially today in the kitchen.

Anyway, with a sink, and a stove, and a fridge, plus all the Truck 'o' Stuff, I have a kitchen, as soon as it's all clean. It'll be nice to start eating decent food again. I like restaurant food, but there's a limit. I may just make a vat of chili to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment