Thursday, September 22, 2011

OK, house in Hungary


Still haven't found a really rockin house in Budapest, but this one is close to Kecskemét, so I'm getting closer. Built in 1907. Has a freaking name, a name that is written on it. So history-wise it wins. I give you the Juliána-lak: price, a mere 5.8 million forint, something like $30K.

Do want!

(Update: the town it's in, Nagykörõs, is where my wife's maternal grandfather was from - I knew I'd heard of it somehow, but had no idea how. Anyway, she's got some cousins there. She's not sure whether that's good or bad, but does clearly remember the place being a dump when she visited as a child - but then she's from Budapest, so nearly everything in the world is a dump.)

2 comments:

  1. Very Art Nouveau. I love the windows.

    Mary Anne in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love the filigree at the eaves, but yeah, the windows rock. We're not going to buy it, but it's fun looking.

    ReplyDelete