Sunday, September 18, 2011

House in Germany

I think I have a house problem. This house is currently available for a mere 14.2 million Hungarian forint (about $70K), in Jöhstadt, Germany. It's 12 rooms, needs work, 5000 square feet or thereabouts, and I freaking want it so bad.

But no, I gotta look for stuff in Budapest. All the good stuff is taken there. (Not entirely true; prices are way down this year. I'm hoping we can find something interesting - if nothing else, we may be able to buy my wife's old family home if we can persuade the current owner to do a deal.)

3 comments:

  1. I don't want that one; I want the pale one next to it. Fortunately, since I have no money, I don't want to move to Germany.

    Mary Anne in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pale one next to it isn't for sale, unfortunately. But oh, I'm drooling over this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I haven't seen the insides. Why don't they ship houses across the ocean?

    Mary Anne in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete